Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 and Back

2008 has largely been a time of transition: finishing graduate school, successfully finding and loving my new librarian job, moving to Sacramento, and being the scourge of librarian conferences (and multiple beer festivals) in Portland and Seattle. 2009 looks to be a great settling in period and becoming a contributing citizen, rather than a vagrant sucking life force from all passer-bys.

2008 also has a best of list composed by yours truly! Who'd have thunk it? Cristina can fill in any details I leave out or call out the lies I leave in, as she has access to my brainwaves at all times. If I didn't include something just ask and I'll mull it over.

---------

THE BEST (that can't get better) OF 2008 : A Selection by Philippe For America

Best Movie: The Dark Knight

Best TV Program: Star Wars Clone Wars

Best Album: Radiohead's In Rainbows (released last week of 2007 but who the heck had the time to evaluate it in 2007?)

Best let down on film: Indiana Jones and the who cares about aliens

Best Comic Book: None (I just started reading new comics a couple months ago... but Hitman was the best new for me read in 2008)

Best Restaurant: Melting Pot (Cristina and I have gone here a couple of times and have ventured into fondue cookery-land thanks to it)

Best Book: None (again, haven't read contemporary releases but I did read the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time and it is darn good)

Best Videogame: Fable 2 (this was hard but the amount of hours I put into this beast, including an all-nighter, gives it the title)

Best Software: New Xbox live experience (netflix streaming FTW (for the win))

Best Hardware: Griffin Technology 1200-ITSPKR Amplifi Home Music System for iPod (not sure when it came out, but I picked it up in 2008 and it fills my heart and abode with tremendous bass and sound)

Best Brews: Rubicon Brewing Co.

Best at being Funny: Tina Fey

Best Dessert: Olive Garden's Pumpkin Cheesecake

------------

And there you have it. So long '08 HELLOOOO '09.

3 comments:

pml said...

I'm with you on most of those although best game I think I'd have to give to GTA IV just because of the amount of hours I put into it.

Best new experience: Star Wars Holiday Special.

Mr. Philippe said...

GTA is a definite top game of 2008 for many.

While, SWHS has no easy category... maybe the Most Mind F*ck*ng experience or Most WTF of 2008. However, SWHS is solidified as a once a year experience for the holidays.

neverbesocial said...

I think Tina Fey is hot.