Friday, March 20, 2009

Wathchmen the flimsy film

Again, I will not jump into the fray by expounding on the instant classic Watchmen movie. However, I will quote others that capture my sentiment and point you towards their quality reviews:

"But it [Watchment] is certainly not the graphic novel, not even what you could honestly think of as an adaptation of it. It's a completely new, post-"Mystery Men" cheesy, faux-grand superhero epic without any kind of humanity to it. It's all artifice. I really do think it's a terrible movie, with moments that made me cringe for aesthetic reasons, but I'm kind of fascinated by it and maybe that's why I get some perverse enjoyment out of it. I certainly wouldn't recommend the movie to anyone..."
http://geniusboyfiremelon.blogspot.com/2009/03/zack-snyders-watchmen-hits-splash-page.html

3 comments:

pml said...

Obviously the movie bugged you in numerous ways so you should just jump into the fray and rant about it. Let your voice be heard.

Mr. Philippe said...

@pml I can't do it. It would take up way too much time for not. I'm down to drink a beer and gab on about it though.

pml said...

@Mr. Philippe - Well I'm always down for that, but you should think about writing a truncated gripe.