Wednesday, April 15, 2009

United Kingdom Music Presents

Sacramento doesn't happen to get all that many shows that I find myself interested in checking out. However, last night, I was fortunate enough to catch 2 bands: Los Campesinos! and Sky Larkin. My predilection for Los Campesinos! developed sometime ago but I had never heard Sky Larkin. Both bands are from the U.K., have an approvable rough around the edges sound, and have been on what seem to be extensive tours. They've been constantly touring around the USA (and I imagine the world) but were still able to bring massive energy and rock to Sacramento.

Their music isn't for everyone but I dig'em. Sky Larkin reminds me of a Rainer Maria with a bit more pop. Additionally, I've been reading more about improving one's music experience and may find myself investing heavily into a new record player, speakers, integrated amp, more vinyl records, etc. More on that should it come to fruition.

No comments: