Sunday, May 31, 2009

Must see movie rentals

For some reason or another (BSG) my dedication to watching an amazing amount of movies has diminished. While in Grad School, living in the snow and negative temperatures of Syracuse, Cristina and I watched tons of baseball and movies. Last week Cristina and I watched Annie Hall for the first time. It lives up to all the grandeur that it has been given and was certainly more than we expected. The brief Christopher Walken moment was something we didn't anticipate but totally loved.

This weekend I watched Planet of the Apes (again) and Chungking Express. Two movies that are unlike each other in every way, yet they both have pushed me back to a desire to watch more films. They have enhanced my craving for the Planet of the Apes sequels and other movies by Wong Kar-Wai.

Hope to add additional titles, maybe more obscure, in the weeks to come; there you have it must see movie rentals, even if it's for the umpteenth time:

Annie Hall (and other Allen films)
Planet of the Apes (1968)
Chungking Express

Bonus! Must see in theatres: Star Trek. If you didn't like, you must be a 1979 Star Trek: The Motion Picture kinda person.

4 comments:

Dylan said...

Chungking Express is on my Top 10 easily. Have you seen In the Mood For Love yet? If not, I would highly recommend it, although I should warn you that it is the most heartbreaking thing ever committed to celluloid.

Mr. Philippe said...

It's been in my queue for awhile, moved it to #1 after seeing Chungking Express. Is it better than CE?

1minutefilmreview said...

Hi, here are the so-called informal "Love" trilogy in sequence from Wong Kar Wai:-

1.) Days of Being wild
2.) In The Mood For Love
3.) 2046

Enjoy! :)

My name is Cristina said...

Apparently you were not listening when I told you I watched Annie Hall before, hahaha... =(